There is a lot to love about laughter. Doctors Lee Berk and Stanley Tan from Loma Linda University in California researched the benefits of laughter and found some surprising results. Here are 7 benefits of laughter:
- Laughter lowers blood pressure which will help you reduce your risk of strokes and heart attacks.
- Laughter reduces stress hormones and may actually result in higher immune system performance.
- Laughter is a fun ab workout as all the muscles in your abdomen expand and contract similar to when you intentionally exercise your abs.
- Laughter improves Cardiac health because laughter gets your heart pumping and here is the fun part... you burn a similar amount of calories per hour as walking at a slow to moderate pace.
- Laughter boosts your T cells which are special immune system cells just waiting in your body for activation. So, when you laugh, you activate your T cells and they immediately begin to fight off sickness.
- Laughter triggers the release of endorphins. Endorphins are the body's natural pain killers which can help ease chronic pain and make you feel good all over.
- Laughter produces a general sense of well-being. Doctors have found that people who have a positive outlook on life tend to fight diseases better than people who tend to me negative.
So Smile, Laugh and Live Longer!!
What do laughter and Bowen have in common? They are both ideal for everyone, young and old, because there would never be a time that either laughter or Bowen would not benefit you.
Click here or on the image and share a chuckle :)